Our aim is to provide an outstanding service to all of our visitors and guests, so that everyone can enjoy their stay on the Campsite and in the Country Park. Our mission is to provide a high quality experience, and we are committed to provide accessibility for all. The following statement is a summary of our provisions. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff who will happily assist you.
- We cater for caravans, campervans, folding campers, motorhomes, trailer tents and tents.
- We advise that you book in advance in order to ensure availability. This can be done by telephone, on-line, or in person. Our campsite is in a woodland setting. At the time of booking, you will be allocated a specific pitch which is suitable for the type of unit that you specify, and to meet your requirements. All pitches are subject to availability.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking, and a confirmation letter will then be posted out if you have booked at least two weeks in advance.
- We have three car parks outside the main Reception Building. The ground is compacted soil, as you would find in woodland, and your vehicle will be parked amongst the trees. We have a designated disabled parking area in front of the reception building. These are gravel and are located only a short distance from the Park entrance. There is also a designated campsite arrival point at the front of Reception for guests to park in as they check-in before accessing the campsite.
- Access to reception is via a cobbled brick pavement
- You will need to report to the cam ping desk, which is found in Reception, for directions to your pitch and to collect an access key.
Access to the Campsite
- Once booked in, guests can make their way to the allocated pitch, this is via the green camping gate and along the campsite road .
- The campsite is clearly signposted and all pitches are numbered.
- The campsite is situated within woodland and the ground is as you would find in such a setting (a mixture of soil, stone, gravel and tree roots). Some of our hard standing pitches are made up of type 1 stone and are only suitable for caravans, folding campers, campervans and motorhomes. We do recommend with tents that you bring an extra ground sheet and toughened metal tent pegs.
- Toilet and shower facilities are found in the centre of the campsite, and consist of one building, which is split into two sections: male and female. Within each section you will find free showers, toilets, baby changing facilities, a wash cubical, and sinks. Access is via a small ramp.
- Situated next to the female facilities, you will find the laundrette, complete with a * washing machine, *tumble dryer, sink, iron, and ironing board (* fee applies). In the laundrette, there is also a public telephone, and local information, such as take-a-ways, local supermarkets, public houses, and leaflets supplied by Take One Media.
- Behind the laundrette is the washing up area, comprising of 6 sinks and drainers.
- Situated around the campsite you will find 8 stand pipes for mains water.
- There are 2 Elsan points situated at either side of the campsite and 2 waste (rubbish) points, split into recycling, glass and general waste. You will also find BBQ bins for used cool coals next to the waste points.
- You can access the Country Park by a path from the campsite, located between pitches 24 and 25.
- The Campsite Warden lives in a static caravan on our campsite, and is available for any queries and problems that you may have between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm. Outside of these hours, he can be contacted for emergencies only.
- Within Reception, you will find the cam ping desk, café, gift shop, and a small cam ping & provisions shop.
- Our main Reception Building is open from 9:30am to 5:30pm (4:30pm in low season). The café serves hot food from 9:30am until 2:30pm, with afternoon teas and coffees served until 30 minutes before the building closes.
- Reception also has the public toilets, baby change and disabled facilities for the Park.
- If you wish to use a wheel chair, this can be arranged from the camping desk (one available, on a first come first served basis - £50 deposit).
- Admission to the Park can be through the reception building.
The Park Grounds.
- There are 350 acres of parkland in total, with play areas for children up to ten years old. Other attractions include mini golf (deposit required), a miniature railway (additional fee applies), an animal farm (seasonal), and nature trails.
- Waterloo Meadow is home to our herds of red and fallow deer, and it can be hired for private functions, events, and rallies. It is accessed via a gate (by walking) or over a cattle grid (by vehicle).
- The Antler Pen is found next to Waterloo Meadow, with access via a locked gate. This area is suitable for smaller functions, events and rallies.
- Mobile telephone coverage is poor in the Park, although there is a public telephone in the laundrette on the campsite.
- There is a bus service from outside the Park, running between Reading and Fleet (Stagecoach number 7), which runs every half hour from Monday to Saturday. There is unfortunately no service on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
- Trains to and from London can be caught from Hook, Fleet, Winchfield, Basingstoke or Reading Station.
Address Wellington Country Park, Odiham Road, Riseley. RG7 1SP
Telephone 01189 326444
Fax 01189 326 445